- Desdemona Despair looks back at the year through 50 images.
- While Prof Stephan Lewandowsky at Shaping Tomorrow’s World lists the 19 top climate events of 2012.
- A lovely piece of journalism by Edward Platt in the New Statesman covering Britain’s flood capital Tewkesbury.
- Stuart Staniford’s Early Warning blog is consistently interesting. This week Stuart has some insights into CO2 emission paths (here).
- Brace yourselves for food price rise in 2013 according to Liam Halligan in The Telegraph.
- Joe Romm at Climate Progress flags the release of a draft of the U.S. Climate Assessment. I intend to post on this over the coming week.
- One of my favourite authors, Jared Diamond, has a new book out called “The World until Yesterday”. A previous book of his, “Collapse”, is a must read for anyone who wants to understand the implications of a changing climate. A summary of the collapse theme plus a link to an excellent presentation on Youtube made by Diamond can be found at TH!NK (here).
Follow me on TwitterMy Tweets
- Marching Against a Tail
- Do the Kids Care?
- Odds of Cooking the Kids
- Climate Change, Boiling Frogs and Pearl Harbours
- Shale Gas: Energy Cornucopia’s Great Fight Back?
- Sex, Violence, the Amish and the IMF
- The Conjoined Twins: Peak Oil & Climate Change
- The Club of Rome, Skeptics and Myths We Believe
- The Unbearable Logic of the Kaya Identity
- UK Flood Risk
- Technology and Work
- Testing Tony Seba’s EV Predictions 17 (More about Batteries)
- Testing Tony Seba’s EV Predictions 16 (Range Anxiety and the Need to Wee)
- Testing Tony Seba’s EV Predictions 15 (Three Nominations for Nobel Prizes)
- Testing Tony Seba’s EV Predictions 14 (Deconstructing the Car)
- Testing Tony Seba’s EV Predictions 13 (What Makes Us Buy a Car?)